Looking after your health is of utmost importance in 2022. Considering the number of variants spreading like wildfire, the only defense we have is our immune system. In the wake of rapidly evolving events surrounding the pandemic and flu season around the corner, we’ve got a set of tips so that you can stay healthy. Since your diet is one of the most essential aspects of your health, why not go about it in a way that helps you strengthen your body? Whether you’re a vegetarian, plant-based eater or non-vegetarian, all these tips can help you boost your immunity in the larger scheme of healthy living.
- Eat balanced meals: When we talk about balanced meals, we mean including all types of nutrients in every meal. Avoid eating junk food and switch to home-cooked meals that give you the right amount of protein, vitamins, minerals, and roughage as per your body type. If you have a slow metabolism, a balanced diet will help improve your digestion and slowly enhance the nutrition absorption rate.
- Use local produce: Many people think that they’re providing for their bodies well by resorting to exotic veggies and fruits. However, the secret in locally sourced produce. On that note, exported or exotic produce can carry microbes that your body is not immune to, leading to more complications. Based on your location, the local vegetation and diet provide for all that someone living in that specific area may need. Instead of ordering super expensive veggies from exotic countries to add to the diet, lean on local farmers markets. Not only does this support the small businesses, but also helps your body take the nourishment it needs from the surroundings.
- Compensate with supplements: If you’re a limited eater or have dietary limitations, you may be deficient in a few vitamins and minerals. Apart from Vitamin B12, D3, C, and Zinc, you can use West Coast cannabis CBD supplements, as the herb has been proven to combat the Coronavirus. One of the biggest breakthroughs for the holistic healthcare field is the research conclusions that prove the resistance of CBD compounds against this virus. Make sure to take the prescribed dose regularly so that you can reap the benefits of all the supplements.
- Eating after hours: One cardinal rule is to form strict eating hours. Being on snacks or food in the middle of the night can ruin your digestive process, hindering nutrient absorption, sleep quality and pattern. These have a considerable effect on your immunity too.
- Change your diet pattern: If you can, try to switch your meals from three large servings a day to small portions in shorter hours. This will help your body benefit from the food you eat more than having to process it all at once.
Since the primary need for us as humans is sustenance, it is the hallmark of our health. Surviving a pandemic takes both physical and mental health, which can be improved with the help of a responsible diet. We hope this blog helps you reconsider your eating habits and make healthier decisions.