This article is all about the potential of CBD in the treatment of anxiety. Like so our main focus is to explain briefly what anxiety is and how CBD can help. The questions we can answer about the issue are many, but we will go into details of the most informational ones. Before moving on it is important to know what anxiety can do to our body, what types of anxiety are there, how we can treat it naturally and how CBD works to help those who suffer from anxiety and depression.
Anxiety disorder is a mental health disorder that is mainly characterized by signs of worry, fear, or anxiety. Those who suffer from such an issue may experience a lack of concentration, excessive worry, or racing thoughts. These are enough to make one’s daily life harder and that’s why anxiety is a serious disorder that needs better management and extra care.
What anxiety can do to your body?
It’s quite clear and simple, anxiety can interfere with your quality of life. It includes the whole body and mind, causing behavioral and cognitive problems. You should keep in mind that there are different types of anxiety and we will name them all below. But, before going there let’s just list all the major effects anxiety has on our body:
- starting from the brain, anxiety may cause panic attacks, headaches, a sense of doom, irritability, or depression
- anxiety may change heartbeats in pace and intensity
- may cause breathing problems
- decrease sexual desire
- cause stomach pain which can then be accompanied by nausea and diarrhea
- create sleeping problems and also cause extreme fatigue
- physically speaking, anxiety can cause muscle aches and other pains
The negative effects and the bad influence anxiety has on our health should be taken seriously. In fact, it is very important to seek support early, before letting anxiety take over your life.
What are the 6 types of anxiety disorders?
Anxiety disorders are of 6 types:
- GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) – when a person worries about things and feels anxious on most days, for half a year or more.
- Social phobia or anxiety – the fear of being humiliated, embarrassed, or if a person has problems speaking publicly, etc.
- Specific types of phobia – for instance traveling on a plane or fearing a particular object or situation.
- Panic attacks or panic disorder – causing shortness of breath or chest pain.
- OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) – unwanted thoughts and fears that eventually cause anxiety.
- PTSD (Post-traumatic stress disorder) – traumatic events such as wars, accidents, or disasters.
What helps anxiety naturally?
It is a fact that some anxiety is normal and part of our daily life and like so a byproduct of living. Besides having negative effects on our health, anxiety is not all bad. Anxiety can make us more aware of possible danger, organizes us, prepares us, and helps us calculate possible risks. But, we should take control of it anyway, and here is a list of natural things you may chase:
- exercise more as it helps ease anxiety besides being better physically and emotionally
- do not drink alcohol because it is just a short term fix and may cause addiction in the long term
- if you can, stop smoking because nicotine is bad for the pathways that link brain and anxiety
- make sure you have enough sleep at the proper time, at night
- meditation helps a lot as can remove chaotic thoughts and replace them with a sense of calm
- start or continue eating healthy using a healthy diet
- chamomile tea is a very common remedy to calm down and promote better sleep
- start using CBD oil, which very famous these days for having a lot of therapeutic properties
Does CBD really work for anxiety?
CBD treats anxiety and works by affecting serotonin levels in the brain, which plays a role in mood, sleep, and behavior. The latest research suggests that by doing so CBD helps treat anxiety and depression. And it does so naturally without side effects if used properly. The rise of the popularity of CBD has a role in the number of scientific research about the therapeutic properties of this substance. These studies suggest that CBD can reduce discomfort and anxiety during public speaking to those who suffer from a social anxiety disorder and like so reduce symptoms of this type of anxiety. Furthermore, there is evidence that CBD is an impressive option people should consider for the treatment of other types of anxiety such as generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, or obsessive-compulsive disorder. CBD improves sleep and it is not addictive at all.
Do you have to take CBD oil every day for anxiety?
CBD can be taken in many forms, but in this case, CBD oil is the perfect solution. Besides being beneficial than other forms, it eliminates all the risks that can occur with the inhalation method for instance. CBD oil has 3 different types of usage and can be taken in drops, in capsules, or under the tongue. Before deciding to use it, we recommend you consult your doctor, especially if you are using other medications. However, we must say that CBD is a natural compound and so you can buy it without a prescription. CBD is legal if it is obtained by hemp with less than 0.3% THC, which is another cannabinoid of cannabis. And as for the usage and dosage of CBD oil, we recommend you follow these steps:
- after consulting your doctor choose a CBD oil product
- consider taking CBD oil products with 20% CBD
- start with small amounts, 3 drops in the morning and 3 drops in the evening
- if you think that this amount is working well continue so for a week
- if the amount does not give results after a week make it 5 drops in the morning and 5 in the evening
- and after 2 weeks of constant usage, if you do not feel any side effects, you may use 5 drops of CBD oil 3 times a day, in the morning, midday, and in the evening
In conclusion, we may say that the results will be evident and long-lasting. CBD oil is easy to find and purchase in stores or online. You should keep in mind that this oil is not only used for anxiety, but it is proven to be very beneficial for the well-being of both body and mind of humans and also animals.